Carrots are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, and Vitamin A and we love when we can incorporate them into Fido’s diet! These carrot cake treats are easy to make and perfect in size to treat your fur-bestie to.
Carrot Cake Treats
- ½ cup plain, unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (be sure it does not contain Xylitol, which is not a pet-friendly ingredient)
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ cup grated carrots (make sure they’re peeled first)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the applesauce, peanut butter and egg with a hand-mixer Add in the oat flour, carrots and coconut flakes until just incorporated
- Sprinkle some extra oat flour to a flat surface and knead a few times
- Roll out the dough to about ½ inch thickness with a rolling pin
- With cookie cutters, cut out carrot cake treats and place on baking sheet
- Bake about 18-20 minutes until golden brown
- Let cool and give to Fido to enjoy!