The holidays are in full swing, and that usually means indulging in sweet treats! But, if baking for family, friends, and co-workers is such a holiday staple… what about Fido?
We’ve got a delicious holiday treat recipe for the goodest boys and girls that is very simple to make; and since none of the ingredients are seasonal, you can treat your pup year-round!
Homemade Holiday Dog Treats
15 cookies (varies based on the size of cookie cutters)
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup peanut butter (be sure it does not contain Xylitol, which is not a pet-friendly ingredient)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cups organic whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine pumpkin puree, peanut butter, egg, and coconut oil in a bowl. Add in baking soda and whole wheat flour. Stir until flour mixture is fully incorporated.
3. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough and use desired cookie cutters. We love this 7 piece set because it gives a variety of different sizes for each cookie but you can use any cookie cutter you like, especially your holiday favorites!
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. For an added treat for Fido, you can whisk together coconut oil and peanut butter and drizzle over the treats.
We love the idea of making a double batch of these festive holiday dog treats for Fido’s friends too! If you make these holiday treats, please let us know how your furry friend likes them. If you have any homemade dog treats to share, leave a comment below!