The most romantic day of the year is upon us! If you’re lucky, you’ll get spoiled with cards, flowers, and chocolates.
But what if you’re keeping it simple this year and giving all your love to your pet?
Yes, Romeo or Juliet could be sitting in front of you – and they can’t wait to show you some love! They’re probably not going to break your heart, either.
That said, you’ll want to return all that paw-some passion, so we’ve come up with some Valentine’s ideas for your furry fave.
Let’s dig in...
1. The Way to Your Pet's Heart
Pets love food and treats as much as we do. But while they can’t share in our goodies (chocolates are a no-no), why not get them something pet-friendly for the big day?
How about those luxurious iced cookies from boutique pet stores that look so good you're tempted to eat one yourself? Plus, homemade treats are fun to make, too – especially since you’ll know exactly what’s in them that make them so paw-licking good. You can even order cutters that make cookie treats look like bones, hearts, or stars. So cute!
If you’re looking for something more FUN-ctional, chewable supplements are your best bet! Gone are the days you have to force bitter-tasting pills down your pet’s throat – today they’ll eat them right up and lick their lips for more!
A good place to start these days is with functional supplements for dogs and cats. In today’s world, everyone needs an immune system that’s in tip-top shape. Same goes for your pets. Look for ingredients that include L-Lysine, EpiCor®, Astragalus Root, Quercetin, Salmon Oil, Hemp Seed, and Curcumin.
They’ll love you for it!
2. Massage for Mutts
Health resorts offer romantic massages for pet paw-rents, but the thought of a doggie spa – aka THE GROOMER – might send your pup into a tailspin! Forget it!
Did you know you can massage your dog at home, though? Now that might make that tail wag!
The American Kennel Club encourages you to massage your dog and even shows you how. They believe it may have many health benefits, including promoting relaxation and increasing the bond you have with your bestie.
If you’re looking for another way to relax your pup, why not try a calming supplement that may calm and relax them instead? One chew might do the trick to keep your doggy calm until you get home to spoil them!
Premium products include top-notch ingredients such as Melatonin, Hemp, Suntheanine®, and Ashwagandha, so be sure to give them a try to help your pet enjoy their special day!
3. Feline Fun Time
While your pooch will no doubt smooch you for a tender massage, cats might not be as crazy for one! So, if a kitty is your special valentine this year, try a hands-off approach to making them happy.
You’re probably already spoiling your feline prince or princess, but here’s a few ideas on how to kick it up a notch!
- Cats go wild for catnip, so buy an indoor garden kit to grow your own. Catnip wine is a real thing, too. Watch out!
- Buy them the shaggiest blankie you can find, so when they’re cuddled up with you on the couch they can knead to their heart’s content. Make sure it has pictures of cats on it so they can admire their species while they’re at it! Extra points if you get them one made with their picture on it!
- Get your cat a comfy window seat and put up a new bird feeder – it will fascinate them for hours. It’s especially good when you're not home.
Even if your feline friend is finicky, we’re sure one or more of these ideas could be a hit!
4. Furry Fashionistas
Pet moms and dads love to treat themselves with new clothes! So why not pick out a new outfit or accessory for your cutie as a thank you gift for all their unconditional love?
February is a cold month, so treat your pup to a new sweater for when they’re at the dog park, running around the back yard, or on a walk. They’ll be the best-dressed dog in the neighborhood.
Accessories might work out better for feline faves! Collars with bling can match their royal personalities. Add a bell or cute charm for extra pizzazz! If your cat loves a walk, a new harness set for spring would be purr-fect!
Point being, don’t be afraid to get creative! Your pet might like it more than you think. And hey, even if they don’t... it makes for a fun photo-op, right?
5. Get Your Dance On!
Does your pet think you’re silly when you dance around the house to your fave tunes? Do they join in? They often get a kick out of seeing you twirl and whirl and think it’s a fun game. Or... bark in confusion if your moves aren’t that coordinated.
Regardless, why not throw them a dance party?
- If your valentine is a dog, invite a couple of their pals over with their single hooman halves, and things could really get wild! That way, you can mingle while your pet meets new friends.
- If it’s just you and your cat, attach feathers to your outfit or dance around with their favorite dangle toys. It’ll drive them nuts trying to catch them!
- Take the silly party to the next level by including songs from bands that have pet words in their name. We’re sure you can think of a few artists that fit the description.
- If your dance moves are making your pet do the funny head tilt, you can always take your dog for a walk or let your cat out to a screened-in area to get some exercise.
It might seem like a silly suggestion, but the whole point of your pet’s Valentine’s Day is to make it (hilariously) memorable for both of you! Make it fun. ;)
Although Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to spoil your pet, we bet you show them your love every day of the year. And they deserve it! After all, what would we do without them?
Your pet even makes for the perfect wingman (or wing-woman) for helping you pick out a good partner-to-be, according to this surprising study. Clutch!
Now that you’ve got some great Valentine’s ideas for furry fave, it’s time to make them happen! We hope you enjoyed all our tips and tricks, and if you have any of your own that you’d like to share, feel free to tell us below or add any other comments or questions.
Plus, if you’d like to learn more about our collection of products, you can also reach out to us directly at 1-800-738-0661 or email@example.com.