Fido Eats: Strawberry Banana Hearts
• 1 min read
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, we only have two things on our mind: dessert and dogs. Fido shouldn’t miss out on the fun of sweet treats for this day of love (and year-round if you ask us!) so we’ve put together an easy and delicious recipe for you to whip up for your fur-bestie this year. Bonus: you can eat them too!
Strawberry Banana Hearts
Based off which mold you use to freeze the treats, this recipe yields 8-10. We love this mini heart silicone mold and it even has a cute decoration!
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt (be sure your choice does not contain Xylitol because it’s not a pet-friendly ingredient)
- 3 strawberries
- Mash or puree the banana
- Mix yogurt with the banana and fill each mold about ¾ the way full
- Remove stalks from the strawberries so they’re in a v-shape and slice
- Lay a slice on the top of your banana yogurt mixture and press lightly
- Freeze for 2 hours and let Fido enjoy!
As an alternative, you can also puree the strawberries and add to your mixture instead of doing slices.
Leave a Comment