Zest Fur Good - Help Us Help Animals in Need
• 2 min read
The impact of COVID-19 has been drastic in every way imaginable. Animals in shelters are no less affected. Facilities are struggling to operate with reduced staff and limited resources and like the rest of us, are living this one day at a time. During what we are calling the “new normal,” we are so thankful to those unique and caring individuals that have stepped up and fostered animals, or risked their health to volunteer in shelters. Now more than ever, we need to continue to come together to provide shelter pets with hope and homes, and you can help us make it happen.
Zesty Paws has teamed up with Greater Good, an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization devoted to improving the health and well-being of people, pets, and the planet, to make sure animals currently in shelters or foster homes receive the everyday essentials they need. With your help, Zesty Paws will donate a total of $50,000 to Greater Good to give back to shelters.
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Post a fun photo of your pet on your Instagram profile and tell us how they make your life a little Zestier in these challenging times
- Use the hashtag #ZestFurGood (this is important!)
- Tag @ZestyPaws and @GreaterGoodorg
- Tag your human bestie (and fellow animal lover) in the comments
For every use of the #ZestFurGood hashtag, Zesty Paws will donate $10 to animal shelters in need (up to $25,000) If you are feeling generous, you can also donate directly. No donation is too small! All donations will be MATCHED to DOUBLE the impact between April 23rd and April 30th for an additional $25,000!
LOOKING TO FOSTER?
What is #StayHomeAndFoster?
- #StayHomeAndFoster is a national effort created by GreaterGood.org to provide a solution to the countless homeless pets at risk of being euthanized due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Over 30,000 people across the U.S. have registered to #StayHomeAndFoster helping to clear animal shelters in dire need.
- The foster movement across the country has received an incredible response, and we are seeing shelters in some areas with their needs met. However, registering to foster now means shelters will have a resource ready when the next wave of at-risk pets come to the shelter, including during the upcoming kitten and puppy season.
- Wag! Now has joined the #StayHomeAndFoster movement and will be delivering donated pet supplies in select areas to people who have welcomed a foster pet into their home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- For individuals who are able to welcome a shelter animal into their home while they are social distancing, there has never been a better time in this country’s history to foster a pet and StayHomeAndFoster.org (http://stayhomeandfoster.org/) makes it easy.
MORE ABOUT GreaterGood.org:
GreaterGood.org is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that works to improve the health and well-being of people, pets, and the planet. Over the last 12 years, GreaterGood.org has given over $250 million in cash and in-kind grants to over 3,000 charitable partners worldwide. To learn more, visit GreaterGood.org or follow us on Facebook , Twitter or Instagram.
Leave a Comment